Thursday, December 30, 2010

Falling


                   and I'm falling...
                   falling through city streets
                   and I'm falling through the places
                   where the past and future meets

                   I'm falling through lies
                   and stories I've been told
                   I'm falling through a truth
                   that my body couldn't hold

                   I'm falling through institutions
                   and every single belief
                   or they sort of fell past me
                   along with happiness and grief

                   and I'm falling through purposes
                   and the arms of the status quo
                   and though they sought to teach me
                   their reach in me wouldn't grow

                   I'm falling through ambition
                   and any badges of achievement
                   as I'm falling through the suburbs
                   and all other forms of berevement

                   Now I'm falling through the atmosphere
                   into outer space
                   far from this friendly planet
                   and every other state of grace

No comments:

Post a Comment